sábado, outubro 23, 2010

"the social network", "A rede social", "o filme do Facebook"

First of all I owe an apology to my Brazilian friends who visit me at constant pace (even though I am not as too much speaking/writing around these days) but this post was originally written as a comment for an article of The Harvard Crimson newspaper website about that nerdy sophomore who just appeared to cause some mass confusion on November of 2003.

Actually the observations I happen to make here is about the development of the story as a whole, not that small 32x32 pixels thumbnail image of a simple crash of an university network caused by 450 visitors with 22k requests on a webpage hosted on a single notebook by 2 hours of activity. I thought I could pay some thoughts on the whole thing as a quick an rash review of what I just saw on the movie picture.

His name was Mark Zuckerberg, I think everyone who follows Internet news or IT Entrepreneurial business/es knows whom I am talking about so lets cut the chat.

How I went there?

First it was about the movie (social network) which depicts some of the story behind the origins of Facebook narrated in a fast-paced and really catchy movie. And that, my friends, is some story to wonder...

We all know, even by a far distance that business can be tricky and sometimes misleading with our personal judgments and could be misinterpreted by some of the actions we take during the way... just like a teacher of mine said "politics and sausages, don't try to figure how it's done or with what is made of" ... just the same thing applies to the business fields -- specially the IT entrepreneurial side of things these days.

I just watched the film about 30 minutes ago (in a way that I don't recommend to any of my friends of watching it, because it was from a raw footage of that which just went online a couple days ago as the movie flick it's not yet on screening here in Brazil as I write 23rd Oct 2010).

I think this piece of story as Mark did some sort of dynamic hosting a web server just for the kicks of it and to receive some criticism about what he just created is more like the "kids" about a decade ago did with ftp/http servers hosting files for friends as of it was ever since 1990's which is more like a "show-and-tell" way to let your friends know what your up to or a way to exchange ideas between them.

But, I wonder, if that fact alone would be made history of any kind if it wasn't done by the youngest billionaires of the world's history that we have so far. Probably not.

But the movie in itself is quite fast-paced and has very intelligent dialogues which is amazing how they put up this way to tell a story about something as insipid as a computer/internet application even though this particular app changed or promoted news ways of information sharing and provided developers all around the world a common battlefield for social based applications to come alive.

I thought it would be a nerd-directed kind of film but it turned out to be a great directed piece of this year (probably the best one so far I had watched).

This is a pretty good THUMBS UP to see on big screen, actually can't wait to see it at that media.


Cheers,
Dan.

Nenhum comentário:

 
BlogBlogs.com.br